KCA Home Page

Go Back   Kittredge Town Square - Community Message Board > Main Category > General Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
KCA Member

Default ability to read?

Hello there Mr. Jeff Zepp.

I'm a Kittredge resident and would like to ask you a question. Perhaps you won't have an answer for me...but here goes my query. Do you know if the residents of Indian Hills are illiterate? Ever since the signage for the Meyers Gulch Bridge Project went up and the bridge has been closed for south bound traffic the folks from Indian Hills consistently ignore said signs and embark on a Mad Max dash going the wrong way on Meyers Gulch. I have personally experienced at least a half dozen near death experiences because of what appears to be an inability to read.

I can't imagine that the reason for ignoring the plethora of posted signs explaining the detour could be anything but sheer ignorance. The friendly folks living up here in the foot hills couldn't possibly feel that entitled, could they?

Please, please help me understand what is going on!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 PM
KCA Member

Default Stupidity can not be cured

Hi Llama, it is really hard to envision any signage that might be more clear. Maybe they could put some of those stop sticks the State Patrol uses to flatten the tires of getaway suspects? I think they only work one way. Other than that, I can think of very few alternatives that haven't already been employed with the signage.

(1) Keep a deputy or CSP officer assigned to that intersection during non-work hours. Probably not practical, but I'd love to see a boatload of "failure to obey a traffic control device" 4 pointers handed out.

(2) Along those lines, maybe we could get a posse of locals to take pictures of the perps and their license plates and faces. Hey, we wouldn't even charge the authorities like the contractors do. That would be total gravy for Jeffco or the CSP.

(3) Just close the whole damn thing off when they aren't working on it. People going the wrong way over the bridge are more dangerous than people using the detour both ways.

Just some thoughts. My personal observation is that once the work crews have gone home somewhere around 5-10% of southbound traffic ignores the signage and sneaks across the wrong way. There is a head-on waiting to happen there.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 PM
KCA Member

thank you for your reply. this is an awesome forum, too bad it's so underused.

i didn't mentioned this in my previous post, but i contacted the jefferson county sheriffs department voicing my concerns about people ignoring the detour and trying to run their neighbors down. by contacting i mean i left a detailed voice message, never heard back from the mountain precinct. i suppose they are super busy tracking down the criminal element in hiwan. okay, that was a snarky comment...they were all over it when this mama llama voiced concerns over some nra moron firing his/her shot gun at mt. falcon park.

okay...perhaps i'm just a curmudgeon

thanks again for letting me sound off! you rule! lets meet for drinks at the black hat sometime.

llama
Old 08-30-2012, 08:06 PM
KCA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama
thank you for your reply. this is an awesome forum, too bad it's so underused.

i didn't mentioned this in my previous post, but i contacted the jefferson county sheriffs department voicing my concerns about people ignoring the detour and trying to run their neighbors down. by contacting i mean i left a detailed voice message, never heard back from the mountain precinct. i suppose they are super busy tracking down the criminal element in hiwan. okay, that was a snarky comment...they were all over it when this mama llama voiced concerns over some nra moron firing his/her shot gun at mt. falcon park.

okay...perhaps i'm just a curmudgeon

thanks again for letting me sound off! you rule! lets meet for drinks at the black hat sometime.

llama

Thank you for contacting the Sheriff. Whether anything gets done about the problem or not, at least we can look forward to the project being completed in one month as long as it stays on schedule.